Hello, we’re Brosa…
And it’s our mission to make it simple for people to create a home they’ll love. Founded in Melbourne in 2014, we’re famous for our uncomplicated and straightforward shopping experience. We’re one of Australia’s fastest-growing consumer brands and are proud to be making waves in the $14B home and living industry. Brosa is backed by Australia’s most prominent and successful Venture Capital funds, including AirTree Ventures and Bailador. We’re a team that is thriving amid the global economic climate and recently closed a $4M round with strategic investors to help fuel our future growth.
What we’re looking for:
Brosa is looking for experienced Ruby on Rails software engineers to join our team. You'll be responsible for the design, build, and maintenance of product and platform services, as well as infrastructure that powers Brosa. We are currently in the process of reshaping our customer experience on Brosa’s website using Ruby on Rails and a decoupled frontend with VueJS v3.
This is a role with broad technical responsibilities.
Diversity is key at Brosa
- We believe that diversity is critical to our success
- We believe that diversity is one of our greatest strengths
- We will not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, gaps in job history, or marital, veteran, or disability status
As a Ruby on Rails Developer at Brosa, you’ll get to:
- Design, build, and test high-quality systems on AWS cloud
- Consistently write well tested, readable, secure, and accessible code
- Contribute to and guide architectural and technology discussions for the team
- Help to define and coach engineering best practices in the team, fostering a culture of quality, pair programming, clean coding, and test-driven development.
- Strengthen the team’s agile practices through continuous improvement activities
- Support your team’s systems in production, participating in an on-call rotation
- Effectively use written, verbal, and visual communication to facilitate technical discussion and share ideas
- Help build and contribute to an awesome team culture
What you bring to the table:
- 5+ years in software development
- Product first mindset ie. you focus on outcomes rather than output, and measure success by the value they create for customers and for the business
- Excellent grasp of at least one of the programming languages we use at Brosa: Ruby & Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of OO and SOLID principles
- A strong practitioner of good engineering practices, such as TDD, CI/CD, and DevOps
- Experience pair programming and participating in code reviews to ensure high standards of code maintainability and extensibility
- Experience coaching other team members in software development, engineering practices, and agile delivery
- Very good English communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience with Spree ecommerce platform
- Experience building frontend applications using VueJS; exposure to React or AngularJS or similar is OK too
- Experience crafting, implementing RESTful microservices
Don’t worry if you don’t tick all the boxes above. We know the right person for the job will be able to learn what they need to succeed in their role, that’s why our team focuses on value-alignment when hiring.
If this role resonates with you, we would love you to apply!
What is the interview process like at Brosa?
We've tailored our hiring process for each role's requirements because no two roles are alike, but you can always expect that we:
- Provide prompt communication and helpful feedback
- Spend time understanding what you need because we to be a good fit for you too
- Have recruiters and hiring managers that respect your time
- Strive for a transparent and honest exchange
What makes the Brosa team awesome…
Mission-Driven - Our team is made up of curious problem solvers who are all working together towards our mission - we’re in this together.
Innovative Founders - The founding members of Brosa have instilled an entrepreneurial spirit into every corner of the business. We’re encouraged to test and pursue our bold ideas.
Growth Mindset - We’re all dedicated to learning as much as possible to reach our potential and position Brosa as a home and living industry leader.
Diversity - We pride ourselves on our diversity and believe this is key to our success because it enables us to develop new ways of working that drive innovation.
Customer Champions - At the core of everything we do, we are driven by a desire to deliver a fantastic experience that delights our customers.
More than a job
16 Weeks Paid Parental Leave (including adoption) - Supporting parents is vital, which is why we're proud to offer 16 weeks of paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers.
Flexible Working Arrangements - We trust you to get your work done and so we offer flexible working arrangements wherever possible to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Remote Working Budget - If you work from home the majority of the time you’ll get a remote working budget to make sure your workspace enables you to do your best work.
Great Perks - Like paid leave on your Birthday!
*Please mention rubycommunity.org as resource of job notification while you applying this job